6.27.2008

Friday Flashback: Some Random Stuff

Thank God, it is Friday! I was busy this week so I didn’t get a chance to post much. Work is really kicking my behind. We are rapidly approaching the end of the current fiscal year and it seems like everybody has decided that they want to work all of a sudden. On top of that, we are going through a reorganization that has everybody nervous and tightening up their resumes. If I don’t get this promotion, I am going to be out of there with the quickness.

On top of all that stress, I decided to stop eating red meat after my birthday last week. I am really craving a nice juicy steak right now but I’m going to chill. Feel like I might turn into a chicken soon though.

CL and I will be checking out Wanted this weekend. I’m not a big action movie person but my favorite flicks so far this year are Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk.

I was going to post something about the BET Awards but everybody has already said what I was going to say. Here’s my two cents anyway:

Good: Maxwell’s return to the spotlight. Dude is a natural showman. Swagger is ridiculous.
Bad: That horrible tennis shoe song that Nelly, JD and Ciara performed. Although Ciara did look hot when she was out there with Chris Brown.
Ugly: This one is a tie between SWV looking like they robbed a Krispy Kreme and Lil’ Wayne slurring his way through another performance and into the hearts of folks who don’t like good music.

Speaking of bad music is it me or is it impossible to listen to the radio right now?

I’ve got about five mixes by DJ Parler in my MP3 player right now. He’s my favorite DJ right now. Check him out.

I haven’t had much time to read lately but I need suggestion on good books.

I posted my first piece on The Pussy Chats, check it out and let me know what you think.

What ever happened to the The L.A. Dream Team?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the evil coon incarnate that is T-pain and the rest of his court of Jesters didn't just sorta break your heart about the future of music?? Barnum & Blackie New Age Softshoe Jig looking ass Idiots

Marvalus said...

Boy the CL is one lucky girl (after reading that post on the PChats)...damn!

Lenoxave said...

Good luck @ work and I hope you get that promotion. BET is dead to me, so I missed the show. Maxwell just has "it". I can't wait for him to release an album. D'Angelo are you listening?

Unknown said...

Action movies are all I will pay to see. Oh, and the ones for the kids. All other movies someone has to pay my way.

I have taken red meat and pork out of me and the kids diet. Well, I did slip last week and put a slab on the grill. Oh and there was that cheeseburger yesterday.
I really am trying.

Maxwell came on stage and I jumped up so fast.
SWV looking like they robbed the Krispy Creme. lol.
Did you see Lisa-Lisa? I only watched the performances but, I heard her name and thought I see what was going on with her.
She must be the ringleader.

shine said...

good luck with the promotion. in this ecomony, we are all searching for security. i echo sdg1844--BET is dead to me, but it sure is fun to hear about the madness. No more red meat?! life it too short for such restrictions.

Skoolboi Krush said...

Q - I am totally baffled by the success of that man. I choose not to give him energy.

Marvalus - I keep tellin' y'all that I'm the lucky one.

sdg1844 - Thanks! I think there was some news about D'Angelo's return this week.

Sharon - One step at a time. The red meat is difficult enough. You can't ask me to give up pork too. Yeah, I saw Lisa-Lisa. I guess we know what happened to Cult Jam now. LOL

Shine - Welcome to The Playground! I appreciate the well wishes. Life is too short for heart disease too.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

dont be mean to read meat - hattter lol

and that video brought back memories

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

LA Dream Team...damn that brought back memories for a Cali girl like me!

Ladies and Gentlemen
The Dream Dream Dream Dream Team
The Dream Dream Dream Dream Team
Is in the House

That put Dr Dre on the map.

Vivrant Thang said...

Dianne McKinney Whetstone has a new one out...Trading Dreams At Midnight. Just picked that up this weekend.

I've heard a couple of good things about EJD's "Pleasure" so I picked that up. Lately, he has needed more people for me to get his stuff right away. But I need new material for someone's bedtime story. We'll see.

I don't care what Nelly was talmbout. He is THE prototype from the neck down. That's all I'm sayin.

Eb the Celeb said...

So so mad at your SVW comment...

running over to the pchats so see what ya working with...