3.22.2010

Notes to a Young Krush #1

I got a great idea for a blog from a friendly conversation on BBM the other day. A friend of mine talked about hearing the idea of doing a blog for a loved one filled with words of wisdom that they could read at some point in their life when the time was right. I told her that I was going to use that idea for my blog. Instead of writing for a young relative, I am writing this blog to myself. Advice and life lessons that I wish someone had told me when I was younger. In the first installment of this series, I am going to write about loving yourself for whom you are and who you aren’t.

"Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you?" - Fanny Brice

I know you’ve heard people say that life is short. I disagree. Life is very long and it’s too long to go through it being anything less than you. As a young person, you can easily get caught up in the desire to fit in or live up to the expectations of other people. However, I would suggest to you that you need to find some quiet time for self-reflection and learn to love yourself. There are only a few people you can truly count on to have your back as you go through this life. Building strong relationships is one of the most important things you can accomplish in life. Family and friends will help to make life more enjoyable. When the ups and downs of life truly impact you, it will be you alone who will have to deal with it. No you won’t be perfect. Everybody has flaws and weaknesses. Acknowledge them and try to improve in those areas but don’t focus too much energy on the negative. Like everyone, you are unique and special in your own way. Strive to improve everyday and dream big

2 comments:

♥ CG ♥ said...

Excellent words of wisdom. At what age did you realize these critical truisms?

Skoolboi Krush said...

@Curvy Honestly, I was damn near 30 before it started to sink in. Still struggle with being my authentic self at times. The desire to please is strong for me. Learning to put myself first more.