How’s it going, family? It’s your man, Krush, back after a lovely week in Black Hollywood aka A-T-L, Jawga! First thing I want to say is that YOU BETTER GET RIGHT WITH THE LORD AND DO IT NOW. It was over 70 degrees every day of this week. It’s the middle of December! What is really going on? I bet Al Gore is somewhere with a sly smile across his face saying,”Y’all gone learn. Either you listen to me or learn the hard way but y’all are gone learn.”
My girl, Ebonne, had an interesting blog the other day about the “perfect” man for her and how the guys she deals with have to fit inside a box. Of course, she has exceptions to the rule but for the most part, she avoids dudes who are outside the boundaries of what she considers ideal future husband material. It made me wonder if I really know what I want in a woman. Have I really sat down and listed out the qualities that would make the perfect match for me? The answer was no. I have approached and talked to women who for some reason catch my attention or peak my interest. For the most part, this method has been effective in getting me interesting dates, crazy girlfriends and the occasionally deranged stalker. For example, I once had a dinner date with this sexy Jamaican/German woman from NY that I met while walking around Stone Mountain. We had talked on the phone a couple times before this and I have to admit that there was an instant chemistry. I guess because of these earlier conversations and a couple of drinks we downed while waiting for our table, the conversation took a turn to the freaky side. She suddenly asked me, “What is the wildest thing you’ve done sexually since your divorce?” I tell her about a couple chicks that I took home (not on the same night!) from happy hour at my neighborhood watering hole. She tells me that her and her last boyfriend used to swing and that she hosted a swinger’s party at her house…CHECK PLEASE!! Please believe that your boy is not a prude but I am not about to waste good money on a chick that I cannot proudly take anywhere because I do not know who in the place has touched her musn’t-touch-it!
Anyway, let’s get back to what I believe are the qualities that my perfect match should posses.
1. She has to have a nice smile. Pretty teeth, sexy lips, and fresh breath. I love to kiss and you can’t kiss on somebody whose grill is jacked up.
2. She has to keep her hair, nails, and toes done. I don’t think there is any excuse for a woman whose upkeep is a mess.
3. She has to have good fashion sense and a mean shoe game. Not necessarily trendy but a working knowledge of what looks good on her and how to emphasize her best assets. As a brother with a foot fetish, the first think I check out on a cute chick is her shoe game and her toes.
4. She has to have a good sense of humor. Life is too stressful not to laugh at you sometimes. I can’t stand somebody who is always serious.
5. She has to have similar tastes in music. A big part of my life is listening to music either at the crib, at a concert, at a club or in the ride. If she is constantly trying to eject my Erro CD so she can hear T-Pain, it’s a problem!
6. She has to have her own life. I could never be the guy with the girlfriend who is like his shadow. I’d rather be Stedman. I’ve never been afraid of a strong independent woman. Besides, no relationship works when you don’t have space to grow as an individual. You need to bring something to the experience.
7. She has to be good in bed. Any grown person knows that sex is a very important part of any relationship. Lady in the streets, freak in the sheets! I can’t stand a pillow princess.
8. She has to be good in the kitchen. As you can tell from my pic, I love to eat. Now, I can navigate my way around kitchen myself but I would love to have a woman who can throw down. Besides if we really have a future she is going to have to come around my family and the only way to bond with the women is to join them in the kitchen during family functions.
9. She has to seek her own counsel. I can’t stand a sister who takes the advice of her friends and family to heart more than how she actually feels about it. All of us know that one of the main things that break up good relationships is taking advice from people who aren’t involved. Any female that I deal with will have to have a good head on her shoulders.
10. She has to love sports. Like most guys, I’m a sports fanatic. Fall, winter and spring weekends for me always revolve around some type of sporting event. Having an appreciation for that will go along way for any lady who wants to spend quality time with me. She doesn’t have to know everything about the game but if she did that wouldn’t be a bad thing.
Those are the first ten things I thought about. I'm sure there are other things that should be on the list but we'll talk about them another time. So am I asking for too much or too little?