Hello, fam! I tried my best to stay away from the blogosphere but I could not do it. Honestly, I missed y’all. In my best Diddy, “Did you miss me?” LOL! While I was away, I had plenty of time to check out other blogs, read some good books, and do some soul-searching about where I wanted to take the Playground. The one thing that kept coming up was the idea that words are powerful. Words create impressions, images, and expectations. They build psychological connections. They influence how we think. Since thoughts determine actions, there is a powerful connection between the words we use and the results we get. I realized the words I use to think and talk about my workload, my goals, my projects and the people I worked with influenced my thoughts and actions about them. So, I changed my words. If I say I work "for" someone I have a different vision about my work-life than if I work "with" them; same with my staff working with, not for me. Since I started this blog, I have expressed my desire to be in a loving relationship and to have a more active social life. Each of these things has come to fruition, the relationship more than the social life. However, my life has definitely changed for the better. I am no fool. I realize that words alone will not make my dreams come true. Hard work and prayers are essential. However, I am going to continue to put my dreams and desires out there in the universe.
Krush’s Top Five Dreams for the future:
1. To be in a financial situation that allows me to do all of the fun things that I want to do like travel, shop, and pamper my girl
2. Somebody to create a petition to ban the use of the vocal recorder. (Sorry T-Pain, Kanye, Lil Wayne, and Chris Brown)
3. For the Eagles and the Seahawks to meet in the NFC Championship game and the winner to become Super Bowl champions
4. New CD’s from Maxwell, Lauryn Hill, D’Angelo, Bilal, Tribe Called Quest, and Anita Baker in the next 12 months
5. For Barack Obama to be elected and promptly give me today’s equivalent of 40 acres and a mule